Friday 7 June 2013

bye bye Antiparos

After nearly two weeks of nothing but utter relaxation in paradise, it was time to say goodbye to Antiparos, as well as Michael, Rachel, Jake, Elsie, Noel and Emma. For my last day on the island, Mike and I decided to hire quad bikes and zoom around the island, checking out areas we couldn't reach in the car.

Mike and I at one of the high points on the island

It was fun hooning around on the bikes again, and it really made us see the island from a different perspective. The lady at the rental car place couldn't for the life of her understand why we wanted to hire the bikes when we had a car, but we had a great afternoon taking the road less travelled.

The crystal clear waters of Stillwater Beach

One of the numerous, picturesque little churches on the island

The view of Antiparos harbour from my balcony

Michael in the Main Street of Antiparos

My adopted kitten for two weeks, I named her Snuffles (I think she had cat flu)

Next, I'm taking a one hour ferry to the largest island in the Cyclades, Naxos for two nights. It was a spur of the moment decision to check out Naxos, originally I was going to spend two nights in Athens before heading to Rhodes, but I changed my mind and decided to do this instead!

1 comment:

  1. Michael Houghton8 June 2013 at 07:13

    Awesome articles Jo, loved your one about the toilet hehe!! Oh, and you wouldn't believe it, but there is a channel here showing the tennis after all that!!! Have a great week in Rhodes!

    ReplyDelete