Tuesday 3 September 2013

como and clooney part two

For my second full day in Como, I again treated myself to a sleep in and relaxing morning, before making the hike into the town. This time, I took the scenic route, through the main part of the park and it was just a beautiful hour-long walk through dense bush, which was great as it kept me cool, for a while at least.

Today, I'd decided to check out one of the towns in the hills around Como, to get a fantastic panoramic view of the lake, and just check out a smaller town as opposed to the bustling, tourist-filled city.

The tiny town of Brunate is accessible by funicular (cable car), so I decided to take a ride roughly 1.4 kilometres up the steep hill to check out Brunate.



The view of the lake from the front of the funicular

Once at the top, I spent a few hours checking out the beautiful views and enjoying the sleepy little town, talking to a couple of locals, one of whom pointed out George Clooney's house to me in the distance, as well as another huge villa where some scenes from Ocean's 11 were filmed - it seemed like many of the locals are proud of their town's brush with celebrity. The same man also pointed out where Italy ends and Switzerland begins - so crazy to see another country so close!


The view of Lake Como from Brunate, George Clooney's house is somewhere in the distance and the Alps in the background is where Switzerland begins

No comments:

Post a Comment